You know the name. You know the voice. And thanks to his practically encyclopedic knowledge of Pittsburgh Penguins history, you’ve probably learned a thing or two from him as well.
He’s Bob Grove (@bobgrove91) and he’s joining the Pittsburgh Hockey Now team as a featured columnist and resident professor emeritus of hockey knowledge.
If you are new to Pittsburgh and aren’t familiar with his work, his resume speaks for itself:
- 17 years covering Pens with Washington Observer-Reporter
- 14 years covering Pens with Pittsburgh Sports Report
- 6 years part-time co-host, Penguins Hockey Network
- 10 years pre- and post-game host , Penguins Hockey Network
- Author, Pittsburgh Penguins: The Official History of the First 30 Years
- Contributor, Total Hockey (Second Edition)
- Contributor, The Game I’ll Never Forget: 100 Hockey Stars’ Stories
- Contributor, Hockey Digest
- Contributor, GOAL Magazine
- Contributor, IceTime Magazine
- Contributor, Beckett’s Hockey Monthly
Bob will be a frequent contributor here at Pittsburgh Sports Now, writing on the Penguins, the NHL, and whatever else he wants, because who are we to tell him no?
Look for his debut article in the next day or so.