Pittsburgh isn’t the only city that pines for its hometown boys. As Pittsburgh did the mental gymnastics to acquire J.T. Miller, Buffalo Sabres fans are stirring the NHL trade rumors for local boy Patrick Kane. Our folks in New York were chewing on the hypothetical of trading Mathew Barzal to get something for him before he hits free agency. The massive Huberdeau deal in Calgary sets the stage for a massive deal for David Pastrnak and the Boston Bruins. Teddy Blueger and the Pittsburgh Penguins need a good break, too.
And the Huberdeau signing spawned my favorite headline of the day, too. “Huberdeau thrilled with extension…” Give me $84 million, and I’d be just a bit excited, too.
Pittsburgh Penguins / Sports Now PGH
Follow the main Twitter account for Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins stories as soon as they’re published.—> @SportsNowPgh
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Teddy Blueger is an under-the-radar cog in the Penguins machine. He could use a good break this season. Pittsburgh Penguins look ahead.
The week of Penguins coverage and analysis
- Before it gets sticky, sign Tristan Jarry
- Ron Hextall made the right call — protect the Penguins’ prospects.
- PHN+: Here are the three scenarios to solve the Pittsburgh Penguins salary cap crunch.
Steelers Now.com: Kenny Pickett was on fire this week. Steelers quarterback battle.
- While Pickett was burning it up, Nick Farabaugh updated Mitch Trubisky’s performance, too… Pittsburgh Steelers trouble.
- It’s time for a big second-year jump for Dan Moore Jr.
Pittsburgh Baseball Now:
- The Pittsburgh Pirates claimed catcher Jose Godoy off waivers.
- Mitch Keller is turning his career around. He tossed a gem but was a hard-luck loser. Pittsburgh Pirates lose 1-0.
Have some fun this weekend: DraftKings is offering 20-1 odds. DraftKings promo.
NHL Trade Speculation, News & National Hockey Now:
NYI Hockey Now: NHL trade speculation could include Mathew Barzal?? The rumored signing of Nazem Kadri could unsettle the current Islanders lineup.
Washington Hockey Now: Your favorite player, Tom Wilson, is rehabbing. He’s back on the ice. Washington Capitals news.
Sportsnet: The praise of Calgary Flames GM Brad Treliving is pouring in — he’s turned a losing hand into a winner.
Buffalo News: Patrick Kane is from Buffalo. Kane probably hits the NHL trade block. So, how about the Sabres?
Boston Hockey Now: Jonathan Huberdeau signed for big bucks. He may have set the market for David Pastrnak and the Boston Bruins.
Vegas Hockey Now: Hot dogs! Owen Krepps remembers what Phil Kessel did for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Owen says Kessel should stay in the desert but fits with the Vegas Golden Knights.